Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
An easy one dish meal that can easily be made ahead and re-heated. One of my families favorites
Make and share this Simmering Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs steak (round or blade)
- 2 large onions, cut in half
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 3 " chunks
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 green pepper, seeded and quartered
- 2 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 2 envelopes knorr hunter gravy mix or 2 envelopes other gravy mix
- Place steaks in the bottom of a baking dish.
- add vegetables.
- make instant gravy using beef broth instead of water.
- pour gravy into pan, covering contents (add a little extra broth if required).
- cover with foil.
- bake slow and low, approx 300 f for 2 hours.
- It may be necessary to thicken the gravy with a little flour or cornstarch.
Outstanding! Simmering, sultry, saucy, and smooth tasting. This was as easy as peezy to put together on a busy farming afternoon, and the aroma out on the front porch was enough to pull you in from the outer fields. I followed this exactly, except forgot the carrots, (go figure - a farmer forgetting carrots?) but other then that this was exactly what I look for in a filling, very tasteful, and beautiful presentation without a whole lot of fuzz or fuss. Bravo indeed! Thank you so much, Lois! Made in your honor for your help in voting for the "Village of Lawrencetown - Thank you tag" March 2010
Delicious steak, So easy to make, like eating pot roast. I made it just like the recipe stated, using Round steak, but cut the recipe down for 2 people. I did use baby carrots & fingerling potatoes, didn't use the green pepper ,but add some garlic powder, personal preferance. DH & I enjoyed this very much, I will be making this again, so easy and delicious. Thank you Lois for the recipe.
Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe Lois M. It was quick and easy to make, with super terrific results. My dh & I enjoyed this meal very much. It indeed was like pot roast. What's not to like, potatoes, carrotes and beef.. Yummy. Made for no reason, except that It sounded wonderful.