From Simple 1-2-3 Slow Cooker cookbook. A take on Japanese Cuisine.
Make and share this Simmering Hot and Sour Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup chicken, chopped (or pork)
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup bamboo shoot, sliced and cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chinese chili-garlic sauce
- 4 ounces firm tofu, well drained and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- chopped cilantro (to garnish)
- Combine broth, chicken, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, vinegar, soy sauce, and chili sauce in slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir in tofu and sesame oil. Blend cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into slow cooker. Cover; cook on HIGH 15 minutes or until soup is thickened.
- Serve hot; garnish with cilantro.