Recipe by ~ Donna ~
This is my favorite OAMC dish! This is from the Yahoo Frozen Assets Group Archives.
Top Review by sheltiechick
I liked this a lot! The flavour wasn't what I expected but I liked it. Instead of baking in a dish in the oven, I dumped the entire bag into a wok pan to stir-fry. I scaled this way, way down to make just one serving (just me!) and I think next time I will add just a bit more to get a bit of extra sauce. I added some water to the wok pan twice while cooking it to put some moisture back into the sauce and I probably could have used more water and gotten more sauce out of it. Forgot to steam broccoli to eat with it, but I think this would be great served with water chestnuts, too! Definitely making this one again, thanks!
- 3 -4 lbs whole chickens, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cut up chicken parts, or cut up breasts if using only white meat into a gallon sized bag.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken. Close and squeeze bag to coat all pieces of chicken well.
- Lay flat and freeze.
- To Prepare: Thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook in 3 qt casserole dish for 45 - 60 minutes, depending on cuts of chicken you used.
- Serve over rice with some steamed broccoli. Leftovers can be frozen for a quick and easy lunch.