Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this off ivillage.com sounds delish!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 15 fluid ounces tomato puree
- 2 fluid ounces white wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup black olives
- grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until well browned.
- Add the tomato puree, wine and sugar and simmer over medium heat for 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir through the basil and olives.
- To serve, place the chicken on plates and top with the pan sauce. Serve with steamed greens and the Parmesan cheese.
Great easy, quick and delicious dinner! I didn't have tomato puree, so I used tomato sauce, which worked fine. I also doubled the amount of fresh basil and olives and added about 1/2 cup of mushrooms and about a tsp of fresh ground black pepper. I also added about a Tbsp of parmesan to the sauce while it was cooking to add depth to the sauce flavor. All in all, it was a great dish and I'll definitely be making it again!