Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Good comfort food. Serve over noodles.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained or 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- In large nonstick skillet, cook beef, onions, mushrooms and garlic in butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until meat is brown and no longer pink.
- Add the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for one hour.
- Combine flour and water until smooth; add to beef mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Easy and delicious comfort food! I added more garlic, 1 stalk of celery , a little red wine, a pinch of sugar and fresh ground black pepper to the recipe. I used beef consomme and 4 -1/2 teaspoons worcestershire. I served this over egg noodles , garnished with fresh minced parsley and served steamed broccoli and sourdough rolls alongside. My type of meal-I'll be making this again ....soon! Yum!