Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I have not made this but my sister has and I have eaten it. A quick, easy, tasty, low-fat recipe. Adapted from Cooking Light. 1 serving: Cal 358, fat 5.8 g, carb 42.1 g, Chol 66 mg. Serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 3/4 c. pasta, 1/3 c. sauce. Note--the sauce is not supposed to be thick.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (or to taste)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2⁄3 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup sweet marsala wine
- 1⁄2 cup pitted green olives, quartered
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 3 cups hot cooked angel hair pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the first 3 ingredients into a zip-lock plastic bag; add in the chicken; seal bag and shake to coat the chicken.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add in chicken breast halves; saute for 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a plate; keep warm.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in onion, oregano, red pepper flakes, and garlic; stir/saute for 3 minutes or until onion is tender (don't let garlic burn).
- Add in broth and wine; lower heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and olives to skillet; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add in grapes; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve over pasta.