Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs round steaks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- Trim fat from steak and cut meat into serving pieces.
- In large frying pan, brown meat in hot oil.
- Drain off oil.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Simmer; covered, 1-1 3/4 hour or until meat is very tender.
- You can also put meat and sauce in a 13" by 9" pan, cover with foil, and bake in 350 degree oven for 1 3/4-2 hours .
I made this dish last night. My husband and I both liked the flavor. I put it in the crockpot and let it cook on low for about 9 hours. I took the lid off the crockpot during the last hour to help reduce the sauce. Will definitely make it again.
I made this recipe last night. I added chopped celery, minced garlic, and thickened it with cornstarch so I could serve it over rice. I also made steamed fresh spinach to go with it. My husband and I loved it, but my 6 year old daughter wasn't crazy about it. I plan to make it again in the near future. Thanks so much!
I made this for dinner last night, there were no leftovers. It is delicious, my husband & son agree too. I served it with garlic mashed potatoes & cucumber salad. Thanks for the great recipe Jean.