1/1 Photo of Simmered Pork with Mustard-Caper Sauce
Pork can be an easy and elegant weeknight supper. Don't forget the red wine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Flatten pork rounds using meat mallet, then season with garlic powder and black pepper.
- 2Heat oil over medium high heat.
- 3Add pork to pan and saute until browned, and almost cooked through (a couple of minutes per side).
- 4Remove pork to holding plate.
- 5Add shallots to skillet, and saute for 1 minute.
- 6Add chicken broth and wine: boil until sauce has reduced and is thick enough to coat the spoon (about 10 minutes).
- 7Mix in capers and mustard.
- 8Return pork to pan.
- 9Simmer until pork is heated through again.
- 10This goes very well with small new potatoes and a lovely, fresh Caesar salad.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simmered Pork with Mustard-Caper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.1
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 54.7 mg
- Sodium 149.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 18.5 g