Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Copied from Yasuko's Homecooking, a website with Japanese recipes. http://www.nsknet.or.jp/--chrkaji/yasuko/index_e.html Haven't tried it yet, but I love miso. I'm going to probably try salmon with the recipe.
- 4 mackerel fillets
- 1 ounce fresh ginger
- 1 cup sake
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Cut ginger into thin slices.
- Pour 1 cup sake into pan and boil for a while.
- Put mackerel and ginger and boil 2-3 minutes until fish is done.
- Add 1 tbs sugar, 1 tbs mirin and 2tbs miso.
- Cover with lid
- Simmer for 10 minutes over medium flame.