Recipe by Bergy
Make in advance and reheat if you wish. Very good meal in one pot. Serve with fresh French bread so you can soak up the broth.
Top Review by Countrywife
This was a wonderful idea! The forecast is for 99 degrees today and the next five days higher, so I ran to the store when it first opened and fixed this to re-heat later. I had to leave out the parsnips since my grocery doesn't have them in the summer. It smells fantastic and tastes even better. We may actually have this for a late breakfast.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans condensed beef broth
- 3 1⁄2 lbs short rib of beef
- 4 medium onions, cut in half lengthwise
- 12 small carrots, whole
- 4 medium parsnips, cut into 4-inch pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, pour beef broth over the short ribs.
- If the broth does not completely cover the ribs add water until the liquid covers them.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered for 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Skim off the foam as you are simmering.
- Add veggies (except the parsley) to the pot and cook until tender about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove meat& veggies arrange on a platter and pour a little of the beef broth over them and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Put the remaining broth on the table for personal preference.