Recipe by Pinay0618
Since this Thai recipe uses only a quarter pound of ground beef, this is a very inexpensive recipe - plus it's a new way to serve it. Recipe is from Cooking Light.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 cup thinly vertically sliced shallot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 lb ground sirloin
- 4 cups finely shredded cabbage (about 1 small head)
- 1 cup plum tomato, cut in thin wedges (about 2 medium)
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped coarsely chopped dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a wok or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add peanut oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add shallots, salt, turmeric, and red pepper; cook for 3 minutes or until shallots are tender, stirring frequently. Add beef; cook for 2 minutes or until the beef begins to brown. Add cabbage and tomato; toss well to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until cabbage wilts. Stir in peanuts; cover and cook 10 minutes or until cabbage is tender.