Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe comes from "Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant" It's very good.
- 1 1⁄2 cups konbu dashi
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon sake
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh gingerroot (I like more)
- 3⁄4 lb butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (I dont use, the tamari does it for me)
- 1⁄3 lb fresh green beans
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in the water
- In a saucepan bring 1 cup of the dashi, 1 T.
- of the tamari, the sake, 1 t.
- of the homey and the ginger to a simmer.
- Add squash and simmer for 8 minute.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add remaining dashi, the salt, and 1/2 t.
- oc honey to the broth and return to a simmer.
- Add the beans and simmer, covered until barely tender.
- Remove beans.
- To the broth add the remaining tamari and the honey, but I would taste before adding the honey as this could get quite sweet.
- Stir in the cornstarch/water and thicken.
- Return squash and beans and gently stir.