- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned diced tomato
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir onion, green pepper and olive oil in medium skillet over low heat until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin and chili powder, cook 1 minute.
- Add beans, tomatoes and thyme; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook over very low heat about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, stirring until beans are thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.