Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are great black beans - very healthy and delicious. The seasonings are just right.
Make and share this Simmered Black Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Cook and stir onion, green pepper and olive oil in medium skillet over low heat until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin and chili powder, cook 1 minute.
- Add beans, tomatoes and thyme; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook over very low heat about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, stirring until beans are thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
This was a fabulous recipe. So quick and easy to make. I didn't have green peppers so I used red bell pepper instead and it was delicious!!!
This was really easy and tolerated a fair amount of neglect. I don't remember adding the thyme, so I probably forgot, but I would add it next time. Very good. Even people who usually complain about beans as a side dish gobbled it up.