1/1 Photo of Simmered Black Beans
Chris from Kansas's Note:
These are great black beans - very healthy and delicious. The seasonings are just right.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook and stir onion, green pepper and olive oil in medium skillet over low heat until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add garlic, cumin and chili powder, cook 1 minute.
- 3Add beans, tomatoes and thyme; stir to combine.
- 4Cover and cook over very low heat about 10 minutes.
- 5Uncover and cook, stirring until beans are thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simmered Black Beans
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.6
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 148.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 8.4 g