Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are great black beans - very healthy and delicious. The seasonings are just right.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned diced tomato
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook and stir onion, green pepper and olive oil in medium skillet over low heat until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin and chili powder, cook 1 minute.
- Add beans, tomatoes and thyme; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook over very low heat about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, stirring until beans are thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
This was a fabulous recipe. So quick and easy to make. I didn't have green peppers so I used red bell pepper instead and it was delicious!!!
This was really easy and tolerated a fair amount of neglect. I don't remember adding the thyme, so I probably forgot, but I would add it next time. Very good. Even people who usually complain about beans as a side dish gobbled it up.
This was great! I added a bit of chile pepper to it to spice it up. Tasted fresh and yummy. Thank you!