- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 28 ounces tomatoes, undrained
- 28 ounces kidney beans, undrained
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry beef 3 to 4 minutes on high, just until pink, don't over cook.
- Drain, add tomato paste, tomatoes, onion and cook 2 minutes on high.
- Add remaining ingredients and on full power cook until 120 degrees, takes about ten minutes.
- Reduce power to 70 % and cook until another 45 minutes,.
- I have made in crockpot or stovetop also just using the same ingredients.
- Serve with a dollap of sour cream, this is a mild chilli, great for the young children.