Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 mins
This recipe is similar to the copycat Hard Rock recipe, with a few changes. Has a bit of a kick, but just enough to make it quite flavorful. "Cooking time" is refridgerator time to let flavors meld.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup horseradish cream
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar, if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar, if you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 dash salt
- Combine all ingredients except the coleslaw mix in a large bowl and blend until smooth with an electric mixer (or just beat with a whisk).
- Add coleslaw mix and toss well.
- Cover and chill overnight in the refrigerator. The flavors fully develop after 24 to 48 hours.
Very good, slightly more sophisticated that your average cole slaw. I used sugar - same quantities as recommended for splenda, and had straight horseradish instead of horseradish cream, so I used about half the amount. This is my new favorite cole slaw!
Oh, I really like this take on cole slaw. In fact, I used a little more horseradish cream that called for. I'm glad I waited umtil today to try this, after overnight in the fridge. It really did mellow out the flavors. Thnx for sharing your recipe, kimboleyanne. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0