Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was given to me by a co worker from Sweden. This cake is wonderful with coffee or tea.
- 2 eggs
- 7⁄8 cup sugar
- 7⁄8 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar (vanilla bean that has been sitting in a bowl of white sugar for at least 48 hours)
- shredded coconut
- Heat yoru oven on 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar and eggs, add the flour, baking powder and boiled water. Pour into a greased spring form pan.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- To make the icing: Simmer butter, sugar, eggyolk and vanilla sugar on low heat while stirring constantly.
- Spread the warm icing over the chilled cake.
- Add shredded coconut on top, if desired.