Recipe by Dropbear
I make this at work, so the name silverewater
Top Review by Fairy Nuff
This was a good dish...we all enjoyed it but felt that there was something missing. I used 8 huge king prawns and 200g chicken breast cut into strips. It was definitely tasty but just not quite there. Thanks Dropbear.
- 10 -16 ounces rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or minced,to taste
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled (optional)
- 8 ounces chicken or 8 ounces pork or 8 ounces shrimp, cut into dice or matchsticks
- 2 -3 eggs
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped or ground peanuts
- 1 red chili peppers, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup sliced cabbage
- cilantro leaf
- lime wedge
- 1⁄4 cup Thai fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the rice noodles in cold water at least two hours before cooking.
- In a large wok, heat oil and stir-fry garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and other meat if used.
- Add the noodles, and stir-fry until done.
- Add sauce ingredients, cook to allow most of this to be absorbed (2 minutes or so).
- Spread wok contents out to the sides.
- Add eggs, scramble or crack the eggs directly into the wok.
- Stir until partially cooked or in forms of'streaky' yellow and white eggs.
- Add noodle mixture into wok.
- Add 1/2 the bean sprouts, peanuts, red pepper into the mixture.
- Serve hot, garnished with the rest of the bean sprouts, chopped cabbage, cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges to be squeezed into the noodles.