Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
What to do with all those left-over eggwhites? After making lots of meringue cookies this cake might be an option.
- 5 ounces butter or 5 ounces margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup cream or 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup egg white (4-5)
- Grease an 8 cup baking pan and dust with flour.
- Preheat the oven to 340°F.
- Cream butter (margarine) and sugar.
- Add zest of lemon.
- Mix flour and baking powder and add to creamed mixture together with cream or milk.
- Mix well.
- Whisk the eggwhites until they hold.
- Fold in eggwhites, make sure you won't get little islands but don't overmix.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes.
- Test with a skewer, it should come out clean.