Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very Yummy and very easy to make recipe originally came from Organic feast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 slices rindless bacon, diced
- 500 g pumpkin (peeled, seeded, cut into 3cm chunks, boiled until tender but not collapsing.)
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- 1 bunch silver beet (discard the bottom stalks)
- Heat the oil over moderate heat and add the garlic, onion, bacon and pumpkin, fry until the onion is soft and everything is browned.
- Add the silverbeet and season with salt and pepper. Fry gently, stirring occasionally, until the silverbeet is hot
- Serve with the feta sprinkled on top.
- Good by itself with warm pita bread or as an accompaniment to barbecued or roast chicken or lamb.
Yum, this was very good and tasty.