Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I great recipe from a great restaurant.
- tri-colored cheese tortellini
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 4 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 large sliced green bell pepper
- 8 large fresh basil leaves, minced
- 16 ounces prepared marinara sauce
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 ounce freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare tortellini as directed on package. When done, drain and keep warm.
- Slice boneless chicken breasts into 1/2-inch strips, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Dredge in flour.
- Add olive oil to a large preheated skillet. When oil is hot, add floured chicken strips, being careful not to overlap the strips so they cook uniformly. Turn once to brown on each side. If needed, cook chicken in batches, adding additional oil if needed. After turning add garlic and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic just starts to brown. Add mushrooms, tomatoes and peppers; saute 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables start to become tender but not overcooked. Add basil and marinara sauce; simmer 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cream until blended well. Simmer 1 to 2 minutes. Add Parmesan cheese to sauce and blend until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Divide tortellini into 4 equal oven-proof serving bowls, then top with the chicken mixture. Add mozzarella cheese. Place in preheated oven just to melt the cheese. Remove from oven when cheese is melted and serve with garlic bread.