Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Addictive, with a powerful ginger hit. This recipe makes a lot, but they disappear very quickly. Bake a bit longer to make a crispier cookie.
- 2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light, mix in eggs one by one, then molasses.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Using wooden spoon, stir into butter/sugar mixture until well combined.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a cookie gun or teaspoon, drop onto cookie sheet. Cookies will spread a bit.
- Bake 10-13 minutes. Cookies may puff up during baking and flatten upon cooling.