Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 min
When you make this loaf cake you automatically make golden loaf cake. This was tradition at my grandma's at Christmas time.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 egg whites
- 1 cup of chopped nuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Sift, flour, baking powder and salt in bowl.
- Beat together sugar, milk, Crisco and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients, stir until blended.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, fold into mixture.
- Add nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pur into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour.