Recipe by mollypaul
From the Texan Restaurant.
Top Review by Dib's
Very nice salad. The dressing has a nice tartness to it that plays very well with the avocado. I was not able to find bibb so I used tender red leaf lettuce-very pretty colors when put together. I think this dressing will be fantastic with a platter of sliced garden tomatoes and cukes. Thanks for Posting Molly 53!
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 heads bibb lettuce, rinsed, dried and torn
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, garlic and mayonnaise.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce and sesame seeds.
- Toss with enough dressing to coat.
- Top with sliced avocado and serve on chilled plates.