Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick Silver cleaner - from Homebasics Fall 2004
Make and share this Silver Cleaner recipe from Food.com.
- Run 1 litre of hot water into sink.
- Dissolve 1 tbsp of fabric softener and 1 tbsp salt in the water.
- Place aluminum foil on the bottom of the sink.
- Place tarnished silver on the foil.
- Make sure silver is completely immersed.
- Silver will come clean in 10 seconds.
I have similar recipe formula but instead of the fabric softener, I have baking soda. After it is cleaned (instantly) remove and rinse with warm soapy water and polish with a soft cloth.
You must make sure and rinse the silver completely after immersion in this solution with fresh water as the salt may pit it.
Works great! I used this on some silver candle sticks. Will use again. Thanks Chelle_N for posting!