Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A light cake ...great for berries and cream
Make and share this Silver Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease bottom of 9x13 cake pan.
- Line with waxed paper; grease and flour waxed paper.
- Beat flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, shortening, 3/4 cup milk and vanilla until well blended.
- Beat in remaining milk and egg whites.
- Bake in prepared pans 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; transfer to rack; peel paper and finish cooling.
- Frost as desired.
- Or serve with fresh strawberries and cream.