Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adopted this recipe in the February 2005 recipe adoption. This one may end up being my problem child; I just don't know what to do with it. I made this as directed in the recipe, but just can't see eating it plain as a salad. So I spread it on a torilla with some lettuce, sliced tomato and sliced avocado for a veggie wrap sandwich. It was actually quite good. My other ideas are to 1) pack into a measuring cup and turn out onto a green salad, or 2) add to pasta and Italian dressing for a pasta salad, or 3) Add as a topping on a hearty sandwich, like roast beef and pumpernickel. If anyone has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them!
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-calorie Italian dressing
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 2 cups alfalfa sprouts
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 cup swiss cheese, Shredded (4 oz.)
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, Shredded (4 oz.)
- In medium bowl, combine dressing and sour cream.
- Add alfalfa sprouts, carrots, Swiss and Cheddar cheeses; toss lightly.
- Serve immediately.