Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Complements of meals matter. Great recipe for kids that will help them eat their veggies. For a time-saver, make two casseroles at a time and freeze one.
- 226.79 g dried spaghetti (whole wheat for better nutrition)
- 59.14 ml egg substitute
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 141.74 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 340.19 g ground turkey or 340.19 g lean ground beef
- 78.07 ml onion, chopped
- 2 (1474.17 g) bottle spaghetti sauce
- 177.44 ml shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (3 oz)
- 1 bell pepper (green, red, or yellow)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350, spray an 8 inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook spaghetti according to directions, omitting salt and oil, drain. Toss with egg substitute and Parmesan Cheese. Place in bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Drain spinach in colander, pressing out excess liquid. Spray large non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Cook ground beef and onion in skillet over medium-high heat until meat is lightly browned, stirring to break up meat. Drain off any fat.
- Stir in spinach. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- Spoon on top of spaghetti mixture in dish.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Use a small cookie cutter to cut decorative shapes from bell peppers (stars, etc), place on top of cheese in baking dish.
- Cover with foil, bake 40-45 minutes or until bubbling.
- Let stand 10 minutes, cut into squares and serve.