Recipe by Amis
This is a lovely salad that has pickled beets, potatoes, apples, and onions to name a few. It's wonderful for lunch. Cooking time is chill time. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
- 1 (22 ounce) jar pickled herring, cutlets in wine sauce drained
- 3 medium potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pickled beets, drained and cubed
- 2 small dill pickles, chopped (optional)
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Dilled Sour Cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place herring, potatoes, beets, pickles, apple and onion in glass or plastic bowl.
- Mix vinegar, sugar, water and pepper; pour over herring mixture.
- Toss lightly.
- Cover and refrigerate, stirring once or twice, at least 2 hours.
- Serve with Dilled Sour Cream.
- Garnish with parsley and wedges of hardboiled egg if desired.