Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sweet potato dish from USA Today.
- 3 lbs whole sweet potatoes, pricked with a fork
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position; heat to 425 degrees.
- Place potatoes on a foil-lined pan; bake 45 to 60 minutes, until tender.
- Peel when cool enough to handle.
- Puree with salt and pepper in a food processor.
- With motor running, gradually add milks through feeder tube, then butter.
- Process until silken. (Can make up to 2 days ahead; store in an airtight container.)
- Reheat and serve.