1/2 Photos of Silky Spicy Carrot Soup
I went on a cruise on the Holland America cruiseline and they served a wonderful carrot soup. The seasonings are a little different, and this is from the Down Home with the Neely's cookbook, so you know it's gotta be good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 lb carrot, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 leek, white and tender green parts only, coarsely chopped
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 6 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to heat preference)
- 1 cup buttermilk (well shaken)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1In a large pot, combine the stock with the carrots, celery, onion, leek, potato, ginger, cumin, coriander, and cayenne, and bring to a boil.
- 2Cover and simmer over low heat until the vegetables are tender, 20-25 minutes.
- 3Working in batches, puree the soup in a food processor(or blender), then return to the pot.
- 4Stir in buttermilk and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Reheat gently. Ladle into bowls, and sprinkle with the parsley and serve. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Silky Spicy Carrot Soup
Serving Size: 1 (1194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.3
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 123.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: