Prep 50 mins
Cook 6 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. One of my favorite restaurants served an appetizer of soft, potato filled dumplings that were so dreamy. When I thought of unique ways to use Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes, I immediately thought of that dish and came up with my own version.
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes (cooked and cooled)
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chives (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed potato and goat cheese.
- Fold the chives into the mashed potato and cheese mixture.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of the mashed potato mixture in the middle of a wonton wrapper, wet the edges of the wrapper lightly with water and fold one corner on to the other, creating a triangle, sealing the edges firmly with your fingers. Don't let any of the filling get on the edges as it will leak out during cooking. If this happens try less filling.
- When you've used up all the filling and/or wrappers, arrange the pillows on a parchment lined plate and refrigerate them for about 20 minutes.
- Heat the butter over medium heat in a large pan until it starts to foam slightly. Add the pillows in one layer (you can do this in batches so you don't crowd the pan) and cook a few minutes on each side until warmed through and soft.
- Serve right away nice and warm!