Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found in the 2001 cookbook, Luscious Lemon Desserts, this recipe makes for a tart, wonderfully tasting lemon treat! Preparation time does not include the time needed to cool to room temperature or to chill for 2 hours or more!
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar & cornstarch, then add milk & whisk until smooth.
- Add milk & whisk until smooth, then add egg yolks, zest & salt, whisking to blend.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently at first & constantly toward the end, about 5-10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove pan from heat & add lemon juice & butter, stirring to blend.
- Pour through a strainer into a large serving bowl or 4 individual serving dishes.
- Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate, loosely covered, for at least 2 hours or up to 3 days, until set & thoroughly chilled.
- Serve chilled & ENJOY!
This is so easy to do and perfect for lemon lover like I am. I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup. But other than that, followed the recipe. It's creamy and yummy. I didn't put it in a sieve. The texture was perfect. Thanks Sydney Mike :) Made for Holiday tag game
This turned out great! I served the pudding with blueberries, angel food cake and whipped cream. Just what I was looking for. Thanks for posting.
Wish I could give more stars! It was perfect. Smooth. I used two lemons and I could have thrown in one more, but that's just my taste coz I love lemons. This is going to be my special treat, when I feel down and I need something to lift my spirits up. I have another recipe for a quick lemon fix but this is my special one. It was like a food commercial, I took one spoonfull and was going :Ah, oh,mmm,yummy. Really enjoyed this and I'm so happy that the rest of the family was not such a big fan as myself. They ate it but they won't request the recipe, they're more into chocolate.Now that I think about it, my longest reviews are for lemon puddings. Funny,eh. The search is over for me. I'm set . Thanks for the recipe.