Recipe by Sydney Mike
Found in the 2001 cookbook, Luscious Lemon Desserts, this recipe makes for a tart, wonderfully tasting lemon treat! Preparation time does not include the time needed to cool to room temperature or to chill for 2 hours or more!
Top Review by Boomette
This is so easy to do and perfect for lemon lover like I am. I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup. But other than that, followed the recipe. It's creamy and yummy. I didn't put it in a sieve. The texture was perfect. Thanks Sydney Mike :) Made for Holiday tag game
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar & cornstarch, then add milk & whisk until smooth.
- Add milk & whisk until smooth, then add egg yolks, zest & salt, whisking to blend.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently at first & constantly toward the end, about 5-10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove pan from heat & add lemon juice & butter, stirring to blend.
- Pour through a strainer into a large serving bowl or 4 individual serving dishes.
- Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate, loosely covered, for at least 2 hours or up to 3 days, until set & thoroughly chilled.
- Serve chilled & ENJOY!