Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
I believe this will replace my current recipe because it requires less time whisking and no double boiler. Use it in this FABULOUS dessert "Lemon Curd and Berry Trifle" and you'll be asked over and over for your recipe. Does not include cooling time. Adapted from "The Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters via The Chicago Tribune Food section.
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 lemons, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- Beat eggs, yolks, sugar and milk together in a medium saucepan; stir in lemon juice and zest of one lemon.
- Set the mixture over medium-low heat; whisk until eggs are thicken and warm, about 4 minutes.
- Add the butter; a few pieces at a time, stirring until each addition is blended into the eggs. Once butter is incorporated. Reduce heat to low.
- Cook and continue stirring, DO NOT allow to come to a boil or eggs may curdle. Continue stirring until mixture is thick enough to coat a spoon, about 8 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl or glass jar to cool. Cover with plastic wrap. Do not allow wrap to touch top of curd while cooling. Refrigerate.