1/2 Photos of Silky Ground Lamb Patties (Shammi Kebab)
1 hr 10 mins
These kebabs are made exceptionally silken and smooth by being made fine in a blender, and then kneaded in a dough-like fashion. The result is a smooth, soft, melt-in-the-mouth pattie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices white bread, crumbs of
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (freshly roasted is best)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean ground lamb
- 1/4 cup channa dal (soaked for at least 3hrs)
- 6 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 mace blades
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 inch piece ginger, chopped
- 3 green chilies, halved
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1Heat a large pan and add all the ingredients listed for the patties.
- 2At first, stir on high heat for 4-5 minutes, reduce to medium heat, and continue to cook about 30-40 minutes until the ground lamb is cooked.
- 3Then, increase heat and let the meat dehydrate till totally dry and crumbly - you want to remove as much moisture as possible, while at the same time taking care to stir so that the lamb does not burn.
- 4Let cool a bit, remove the whole spices if you like, and then add the breadcrumbs, ground coriander and cumin and egg white.
- 5Blend in a food processor till fine.
- 6Put into a bowl and chill for 2 hrs or overnight (if left in fridge overnight, allow to come to room temperature first).
- 7Knead mixture for at least 5-7 minutes, as if you were working a dough - the more you do this the softer the patty will be.
- 8Shape the patties into balls and flatten.
- 9Heat oil on moderate setting, add cook patties on one side undisturbed for at least 3-4 minutes before flipping over, and continue to cook until it crisps up on the outside.
- 10Sink your teeth inches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Silky Ground Lamb Patties (Shammi Kebab)
Serving Size: 1 (1190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.3
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 107.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: