Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Off a Hershey's can.
- 1⁄4 ounce unflavored gelatin (Normally 1 envelope or equivalent)
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese (part skim)
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup whipped cream (original called for non-dairy whipped topping)
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water and allow it to stand 2 minute to soften.
- In medium saucepan, stir together sugar and cocoa. Stir in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is very hot.
- Add gelatin mixture stirring until dissolved.
- Pour into medium bowl.
- Refrigerate until mixture is chilled - do not allow it to gel.
- In blender or food processor beat ricotta and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir into whipped topping.
- Gradually fold into cocoa mixture.
- Pour into a 2 cup mold.
- Refrigerate until set.
- This is great served with strawberries.