Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A pie made with tofu! Though I've made this twice already, no one in my family has guessed there's tofu in it and everyone loves it.
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 16 ounces soft silken tofu, drained
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- Melt chocolate chips in a small bowl in microwave at high power 90 seconds.
- Stir until smooth.
- Cool slightly.
- Place tofu, peanut butter, sugar & vanilla in blender or food processor and whirl until smooth.
- Add chocolate and whirl until combined.
- Pour into crust.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours until filling is set.
- Can garnish with peanuts, melted chocolate or whipped cream.
I used a chocolate pre-baked crust and it was great. You can't tell that there is tofu in it, but it is a very RICH dessert!
I have to add my review - what a fabulous recipe! I am not a tofu fan in the least, but when I saw this recipe and its great reviews I figured it was worth a try so that I would have a less-than-sinful dessert at our Thanksgiving buffet.
What a hit!!! Everyone loved it and could not believe it was made with tofu. The consistency is beautifully rich, and the flavors a favorite for everyone. I completely omitted the sugar and it was great. I actually made two pies (using a pre-bought Oreo crust), and in the second one my daughter convinced me to add more chocolate, which tasted divine. Thanks for this wonderful recipe!
Made this twice now. Each time made with my own pie crust (made with digestive biscuits). I can only get firm silken tofu, but it still turns out perfect. It's the silken part thats the important part anyhow.. Has a texture just like cheescake. Very rich, but not too sweet.