Recipe by Lalaloula
This yummy and healthy dip/spread recipe comes from the wonderful book "Mon premier dîner végétarien" by Alice Hart. It makes for a very soft, silky hummus that has a slightly sweet flavour from the carrots.
Top Review by Wish I Could Cook
Oh wow! Was this ever good! I don't know if it was the carrot or cardamon or apple cider vinegar that turned this into the world's best hummus, but that is exactly what it is!
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (175 g) can chickpeas, drained (can soak and cook your own equivalent, too)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tahini (I used white tahini)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or use lemon juice)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook carrot with the pinch of salt in boiling water until very tender (about 8 minutes). Drain and combine with the other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Blend until smooth. I used a hand-held blender for this and left a few chunks of carrot intact for texture.
- Serve with dippers of your choice.