Recipe by sweetcakes
This sweet and sour coctail comes from Silkey and Margaret's bar in Memphis Tennessee.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This is really a delicious Mai Tai cocktail. I used fresh squeezed lime juice which was a bit too strong (rather tart) for my taste buds, so I added about 1/2 ounce more pineapple juice and it was perfect. This is a wonderful version of the all-time favorite classic, and I will definitely make it again. Thanks, sweetcakes. Made for Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces rum (I use coconut rum)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 1⁄2 ounces lime juice (I just use the squeeze bottle)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cherry juice
- 1 lime slice
- 1 maraschino cherry