Recipe by Mille®
This is one of the dessert tray favourites at Captain Anderson's Restaurant and Waterfront Market, Panama City Beach, Florida.
Top Review by IAteMyGluestick
I loved this recipe! It was perfect with the almonds on top! It tasted just like the famous french silk pie at Baker's Square and my family loved it! I was also so easy to make - thanks for this great recipe!
- 2 squares hershey chocolate, unsweetened and melted
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, chilled
- 1 pie shell, baked and cooled
- whipped cream or whipped topping
- slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until very light and fluffy.
- In double boiler, melt chocolate and blend with vanilla.
- Add the chilled eggs, one at a time, and beat with electric beater on medium speed for at least two minutes after adding each egg.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- Chill at least three hours in refrigerator before serving.
- Top with whipped cream or whipped topping and toasted almond slivers.