Prep 3 hrs 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the dessert tray favourites at Captain Anderson's Restaurant and Waterfront Market, Panama City Beach, Florida.
- Cream butter and sugar until very light and fluffy.
- In double boiler, melt chocolate and blend with vanilla.
- Add the chilled eggs, one at a time, and beat with electric beater on medium speed for at least two minutes after adding each egg.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- Chill at least three hours in refrigerator before serving.
- Top with whipped cream or whipped topping and toasted almond slivers.
I loved this recipe! It was perfect with the almonds on top! It tasted just like the famous french silk pie at Baker's Square and my family loved it! I was also so easy to make - thanks for this great recipe!
I'm dieting, but I made this for my husband after a really bad day at work. He told the children that there was something wrong with the pie, and no one should eat any, in a lame effort to keep it for himself. Mom, of course, made sure everyone got their share. Wonderful!
my husband bet me that i wouldn't be able to whoop this pie up..well, today i decided to give it a try..my first attempt failed. i over beat it and the nice fluff went to syrup...so i started over and second time was a charm! ..DH will be eating his words tonight. literally :)