Tulsi Regmi's Note:
This is a rich Nepali dessert made from thickened whole-milk yogurt flavoured with nuts and sweet spices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, mix yogurt and sour cream together.
- 2Pour the yogurt mixture into a large colander with a cheese cloth liner.
- 3Allow draining for about 12 hours.
- 4Transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl.
- 5Dissolve saffron, if used, in luke warm cream.
- 6To the yogurt mixture add sugar, cinnamon, black pepper, cardamom, nutmeg, dissolved saffron, and pistachio nuts; fold in thoroughly.
- 7Chill overnight in refrigerator.
- 8To serve, scoop a cup of chilled dessert into a serving plate, topped with a generous amount of unsalted, shelled, whole pistachio nuts.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sikarni (Spiced Sweet Yogurt-Pistachio Dessert)
Serving Size: 1 (503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 866.8
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 95.0 mg
- Sodium 189.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 95.7 g
- Protein 18.5 g