Recipe by PaulaG
This is an adaption of a recipe by Alton Brown. It uses very basic ingredients, prep is minimal and it so much more economical than pre-made granola. If you want it gluten free be sure and read labels and make sure all ingredients are gluten free.
- 3 cups rolled oats (Bob's Red Mil Gluten Freel, Extra Thick})
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened coconut, shredded
- 1⁄4 coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dried fruit (raisins, blueberries, dried cranberries)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, almonds, pecan pieces and coconut.
- In a small saucepan melt the coconut oil with the brown sugar, maple syrup and sea salt. Pour over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper, divide the granola mix between the 2 cookie sheets and place in the preheated oven.
- Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Allow to cool then stir in the dried fruit. Enjoy!