Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't tried this yet. I love this when I have it at Korean restaurants.
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- black pepper
- Rinse the spinach a few times until no more sand is coming off the leaves.
- Steam the spinach until tender.
- Put the spinach in a strainer and let it cool down.
- When it is cool enough squeeze gently as much water as possible out of it and cut the leaves coarsely.
- Mix all the ingredients into the spinach and the salad is ready.
- Serve at room temperature.
I decreased the serving to one. Using a 6 oz. bag of spinach, I steamed the spinach for two mins. in the microwave using a Glad Simply Steam bag. I used white vinegar since it didn't specify the type--mirin, rice wine? I also used white pepper versus black. I omitted the sesame seeds since my mom hates them and the sesame oil provides plenty of flavor; next time I will decrease the sesame oil. I have also used Splenda in lieu of the sugar and it works well. A definte, tasty keeper. Thanks!
Great recipe! Thanks for sharing!
Simple preparation, tasty dish. And easy enough to alter ingredient proportions or add personal salad preferences (like green onions, water chestnuts, etc). I halved it, kept the spinach still slightly crisp and used less sesame oil and soy sauce. Thanks, gobruijns, for an easy way to prepare a favorite vegetable. This made for a quick, good lunch.