Recipe by Sharon123
Mmmmm....fresh corn, cooked, cooled and mixed with fresh vegetables with a red wine vinaigrette=simple pleasures! The fresh herbs add the flavor to make this a memorable meal. Adapted from Midwest Living magazine. Cook time is for the corn. This is good served with chips.
Top Review by Galley Wench
Great Salad! Made according to the recipe with the exception that I added about 1/2 of a minced jalapeno and an addtional 1 1/2 tablespoon of Tequila Lime vinegar to the dressing. Served with Recipe #171957 and it made an easy fix dinner for guest! Thanks Sharon for another winner!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 ears sweet corn, cooked, cooled, and kernels cut off
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or use lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 -2 teaspoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh dill (or 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a colander, rinse the black beans; drain well. In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, sweet pepper, and onion; set aside.
- In a screw-top jar, combine the vinegar, oil, parsley, cilantro, dill, and black pepper. Cover and shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature. Garnish the salad with a sprig of dill, if you like.
- Makes 4 servings.