Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mmmmm....fresh corn, cooked, cooled and mixed with fresh vegetables with a red wine vinaigrette=simple pleasures! The fresh herbs add the flavor to make this a memorable meal. Adapted from Midwest Living magazine. Cook time is for the corn. This is good served with chips.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 ears sweet corn, cooked, cooled, and kernels cut off
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or use lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 -2 teaspoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh dill (or 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a colander, rinse the black beans; drain well. In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, sweet pepper, and onion; set aside.
- In a screw-top jar, combine the vinegar, oil, parsley, cilantro, dill, and black pepper. Cover and shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature. Garnish the salad with a sprig of dill, if you like.
- Makes 4 servings.
Great Salad! Made according to the recipe with the exception that I added about 1/2 of a minced jalapeno and an addtional 1 1/2 tablespoon of Tequila Lime vinegar to the dressing. Served with Shrimp in Chipotle Sauce (Camarones Enchipotlados) and it made an easy fix dinner for guest! Thanks Sharon for another winner!
Although I did some amount adjustments, omitted the cilantro and I used canned corn niblets, we enjoyed this salad, I do suggest to make this a day ahead to allow the flavors to blend, thanks for sharing Sharon!...Kitten:)