Mmmmm....fresh corn, cooked, cooled and mixed with fresh vegetables with a red wine vinaigrette=simple pleasures! The fresh herbs add the flavor to make this a memorable meal. Adapted from Midwest Living magazine. Cook time is for the corn. This is good served with chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 ears sweet corn, cooked, cooled, and kernels cut off
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or use lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 -2 teaspoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh dill (or 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed)
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1In a colander, rinse the black beans; drain well. In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, sweet pepper, and onion; set aside.
- 2In a screw-top jar, combine the vinegar, oil, parsley, cilantro, dill, and black pepper. Cover and shake well.
- 3Pour the dressing over the vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature. Garnish the salad with a sprig of dill, if you like.
- 4Makes 4 servings.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Siesta Fiesta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.2
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 11.1 g