Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is from a book called "Make Ahead Meals". The Siesta Fiesta comes from being to rest if you already had it made in your freezer! You can combine all of the ingredients except cheese and cornbread mix and freeze in a large freezer bag. When you are ready to fix it, thaw it and go from there!
- 1 lb lean ground beef, browned
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce (I use Las Palmas Original)
- 1 can small ripe pitted olive
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 package cornbread mix (Jiffy is a good one)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine all ingredients except cornbread and cheese.
- Pour into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare cornbread according to mix and spread over meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake 30 to 40 minutes until cornbread is done and meat is bubbly.
I liked the flavor, but it was a bit watery at the bottom. DH didn't like the cornbread on top. (Not a TRUE Southerner.) I would leave out the olives for my fam's taste next time, but it was good.
Had for dinner the other night. My husband did not like it(doesn't care for mexican flavor. Gave some leftovers to my brother, he loved it. I made my own enchilada sauce recipe # 12877).
It was ok, not wonderful, but pretty good, I might make it again, but my family didn't rave about it.