Recipe by Amber Dawn
This is from a book called "Make Ahead Meals". The Siesta Fiesta comes from being to rest if you already had it made in your freezer! You can combine all of the ingredients except cheese and cornbread mix and freeze in a large freezer bag. When you are ready to fix it, thaw it and go from there!
Top Review by CheapThrills
I liked the flavor, but it was a bit watery at the bottom. DH didn't like the cornbread on top. (Not a TRUE Southerner.) I would leave out the olives for my fam's taste next time, but it was good.
- 1 lb lean ground beef, browned
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce (I use Las Palmas Original)
- 1 can small ripe pitted olive
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 package cornbread mix (Jiffy is a good one)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except cornbread and cheese.
- Pour into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare cornbread according to mix and spread over meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake 30 to 40 minutes until cornbread is done and meat is bubbly.