Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Having grown up in Sierra Leone, West Africa I grew up eating this and loved it. Now my kids love it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons palm oil
- 1 chopped onion
- half head of cabbage, sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 3 -4 ounces tomato paste or 8 ounces tomato sauce
- Brown ground beef. Add palm oil and thoroughly melt. Add onions and cabbage until tender. Add broth, salt, peppers, and tomato paste or sauce. Cook until heated through.
- Serve over brown jasmine rice.