Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from a recipe by Koso Weller
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed hot pepper
- Season meat with all-purpose seasoning, and refrigerate for 3 hours to allow meat to absorb flavors.
- Brown meat in oil, then add some water and simmer until tender.
- Remove meat from pan and set aside.
- In the same oil saute pepper and onions.
- Briskly stir in tomatoes.
- Mix peanut butter with 1/2 cup water to form a thin paste and add to stew.
- Stir, add meat, and salt to taste and let simmer 15 minutes over low heat. Serve with rice, boiled yam, cassava and green vegetable, if desired.
I enjoyed this stew very much. It was easy to make and tasty. The peanut butter adds a different level to the stew but next time I think I may add more peanut butter just to see how I like that. We served this over rice. Thanks for a good recipe. MADE FOR ZWT 4 DAFFY DAFFODILS