Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This can be thrown together in about 30 minutes. My family asks for this often. It's from Cooking Healthy Across America by JoAnna Lund. A 1 cup serving has about 243 calories,7 g. fat, 16 g. protein, 29 g. carbs and 1 g. of fiber. It also freezes well.
- 16 ounces 90% lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream (I like Daisy)
- Spray large skillet with butter-flavored cooking spray, saute meat and celery for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in soup and water.
- Add uncooked rice and parsley flakes.
- Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Continue simmering for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
This was absolutely delicious!! Everyone in my family was very impressed at how great this tasted. My husband couldn't believe he was eating no fat sour cream. I wasn't familiar with JoAnna Lund until just recently, so finding this recipe was a wonderful coincidence. Thank you for sharing!