240 hrs 50 mins
Berliner Goere's Note:
This is where you would start, if you had Siegfried given to you as a present. If you want to start one yourself check out my SIEGFRIED – The Birth (Starter).
My Private Note
bread l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1HI! I am Siegfried, Hermann’s big brother and your new family member for the next 10 days and hopefully longer!
- 2If you treat me right and feed me on time I will give you 3 Siegfried babies. I don’t like metal, so please use only glass or plastic bowls and a wooden spoon. I will grow a lot and I feel most comfortable in the warm kitchen, just like most people I would rather not live in the fridge!
- 31. Day Today I need to rest and get used to my new surroundings.
- 42. – 4. Day On these days I like to have a bit of exercise. Please stir me 1x each day with a wooden or plastic spoon.
- 55. Day I am hungry! Please feed me with 1 cup flour, 2 tbsp sugar and 1 cup water and stir until I am smooth again. (Remember, I will grow a lot! So make sure my bowl is big enough, otherwise I might run away from you!).
- 66. – 9. Day I really need some more exercise. Please stir me 1x each day with a wooden or plastic spoon.
- 710. Day Today is my big day! That makes me hungry. First I need to get fed again. Please give me 1 cup flour, 2 tbsp sugar and 1 cup water and stir until smooth.
- 8Now you have to split me into 4 equal portions. 2 of them you can give to friends or family that want to adopt me. 1 you keep for yourself to start over. You can even freeze me, if you’re too busy right now. When you’re ready again just defrost me and start with Day 1. The 4th portion you get to use for this recipe:.
- 9Using bread ingredients mentioned above.
- 10Mix all dry ingredients. Stir in all wet ingredients, knead dough well and let rest 30 minutes. Form dough into a bread loaf and let rest 15 minutes.
- 11Place dough on baking sheet.
- 12Bake at 350°F/180°C for about 50 minutes.
- 13Don’t forget to check out my brother Hermann, he is in charge of cakes!
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Siegfried – the Feeding and Care
Serving Size: 1 (1582 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2946.9
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.9 mg
- Sodium 2489.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 623.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 33.0 g
- Sugars 58.4 g
- Protein 87.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: